About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surgery: TAKE TWO

This picture was taken only minutes before the nice brunette lady to the right "knocked me out"!
Dr. Breaux grumbled a little about being included on my BLOG, but the nurses at PARK PLACE HOSPITAL were very accommodating!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyy my mom I love you soo soo much and you are a very strong person , you can handle anything that life throws at you.your an awesome mom!!

love maddie....

Lila Lambert said...

Lord, hear the prayers of those you renew with the Bread of Life. Made strong by the courage You give and under the watchful care of the angels may Madeline advance along the way of healing....

Monique Marie said...

Aunt Madelene,

You are beautiful and gifted in so many ways!!! I am grateful to have you as my aunt! You are a strong woman of Christ and I have always admired that about you. God will be by your side just as you have been by the side of all your children and husband throughout the years of heartache and struggles. I pray every night for God to heal you!!! I love you!

Kellie said...

Wow! You look even beautiful going into surgery. Now who can do that!!!!!!!!