About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's been a year!


It has been exactly a year since my breast cancer diagnosis. I still have a hard time fathoming that the surgeries and treatments took up almost the whole year. At this point I am focusing on what is at hand, each present moment. Well that is my desire anyway, yet there are days that my faith wanes and my imagination leads me astray. Although I am managing well physically, I am finding myself very fatigued, wondering if this is a result of the chemo still or if it is the Arimidex making me feel this way! I am having some pretty extreme joint pain which interferes with my mobility and I am feeling really frustrated about that. If the joint pain is in fact related to the medication and I have to take it for 5 years, then will I ache like this everyday for 5 years? And then when I am finished with the five year plan will my joints recuperate and will this pain go away? I guess there is no definite answer for that and maybe at my check up with the oncologist in a couple weeks I'll understand all this better. If this is as bad as it gets, then I am managing through it! It's not the best it could be but it beats having cancer! I look forward to meeting with my oncologist and my radiology oncologist later this month. I am ready to hear good news and get on with the good stuff. Meanwhile, each day, I make every effort to enjoy the wonderful moments that each day brings.
Today I enjoyed babysitting Evie all day. She was so sweet. And today Layni had her first volley ball game of the season. What a joy it will be to feel well enough to keep up with the kids activities this year, so much better than last year, when I had to miss so much! I am so grateful for that right now! So grateful!

4 comments:

Blanche said...

Motherboard, I am so proud and happy that you've come so far in the past year! I love having my mom "back"....You were a real fighter and I admire your strength that you had and continue to have! Only better things are yet to come...speaking of better things-we can't let that joint pain get in the way of WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING!!! WOO-HOO!!! I love you

Blair Thibodeaux said...

Or, not only dress shopping....what about you & dad's famous "Apple Bottom Jeans" dance routine!!!!Hope to see it again! LOL. Thanks for helping me roll bon bons! I love you also!!!

Donna Pasquier said...

You are amazing! Always have been! Always will be!
Love you Love you
Donna

Madelene Boudreaux said...

THanks for making me laugh today. I love you all so much... so much... so much!