About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sea World




As we exited the ramp after riding the Journey to Atlantis at Sea World, I was thinking how much fun it was and how grateful I am to be healthy enough to enjoy a family vacation! Really, so truly grateful to be able to do such fun things! We are enjoying a few days vacation in San Antonio at Bryan and Kristin's. Blanche and Matt came to meet us, so we are enjoying being with out Texas kids! Life is so good.... for today, at this moment, which is truly the most important time! Loving the MOMENT!

No comments: