About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, February 1, 2010

I hate good byes!





Had to say good bye again to Bryan and Kristin and Evie, as they packed up everything and headed to SanAntonio where Bryan has begun a new job as a Chiropractor in a medical office! Saying goodbye is always tough for me, especially when it involves my kids! We are a close family and love each others company, whether we're just sitting around doting over the babies or sitting out by the grill sipping on a little wine, beer and capri suns! Life has been kind to us in that way... that we have loving family relationships!
Although I feel sad that I won't get to see them every week, I am rejoicing in the blessings they have in this new part of their journey! Bryan has always loved exploring the cultures and hot spots of everywhere he goes! And San Antonio is LOADED with great things to see, do and EAT! No doubt, by the time we make it there in July he will have many things pegged to help entertain us! Bryan, I am so proud of you and your willingness to embrace each opportunity to accomplish your dreams!
"More than anything, my wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to, your dreams stay big, your worries stay small you never need to carry more than you can hold and while you out there gettin' where you gettin' to I hope you know somebody loves you and wants the same things too, yea this is my wish!"
Rascal Flatts

No comments: