About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

great holidays




We just wrapped up the Christmas holiday. It was very enjoyable and I now look forward to my Faulk family all gathering here for New Year's Eve. We are planning a bonfire with guitar playing and singing, thanks to our most recently added family members, Matt and Wade. (both equipped with guitar capabilities and singing expertise!) This could really add a whole lot of fun to the Faulk Holiday Equation!
As I think about how blessed I am with family and friends, I have noticed that at times I carry a sense of uneasiness in my heart, like there is something lurking waiting to snatch my joy! (AKA the devil!) I recently had to endure a long awaited test result, that showed some abnormal STUFF... it all turn out okay, but my ability to trust seems to vanish when it comes to concerns of my health. And I have recently learned that the cancer of a new found YOUNG friend has returned, so I would ask that you all join me in prayer for a miracle for her! She has a strong faith and a desire to see her children grow up! She said her friend reminded her that we are all terminal! So we must get on with living now!
Life is certainly shifting, grandbabies bring us so much joy and laughter, while on a lower note, my mom is aging right before my eyes, and alzheimers is stealing her memory away a little more every day. She doesn't get out much, yet she still functions on a daily basis. I am grateful to have her next door which makes checking on her so much easier! She keeps saying she can't believe she lived to be 80, while her doctor reminds her that most 80 year olds have some form of dementia! She has a hard time accepting that. I keep telling her that the things she forgets, we will remember for her. The cycle of life is challenging, to say the least, but it is what it is! And most of it we can't change! What I try to remind myself to do is appreciate all that is good in my life and try not to complain about what is not right. This coming year may bring an assortment of wonderful experiences and then maybe some difficult ones too. Grant me the patience to deal with both! The New year is bringing us the grand opening of THE DESSERT DIVA, Blair's wish come true! (SO PROUD OF HER)... a new grandbaby on the way in July (Bryan and Kristin's news!), Ricky and I will go on a Cruise to Cozumel in March :), Maddie and Haley will be 16 and LICENSED DRIVERS! Lots of great things yet to come! What a glorious year we shall have!

No comments: