About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Starbuck's Home Tasting Event




This morning, Bryan gave Sheila and Kristin and I a sampling of  3 Starbuck's coffees, paired  with foods that complimented each one. I had no idea the variety available and how the foods would effect the flavor of each type of coffee. We had to sniff it, slurp it, then taste it with a designated food.  It was a new experience for me. Hopefully the next "tasting" will include wine. One thing I know for sure, if there is something to learn about anything, Bryan will always be right up there with the best of them, getting information I would never dream existed. 'Twas fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everything is well. Can't wait to go get my hair done friday. I keep praying everything will stay positive and good for you. Keep up the good work. And Audrey is just beautiful!!

God Bless,
Crystal Judice

Lila Lambert said...

In my readings this morning, it read that we could not bear the unveiled love of God, it would fall like a fire upon us...we are not yet ready to be refined and purified by the naked flame of our Father's love so it has to be filtered and mediated through the flesh of His Son...that was an "aha" moment for me!!!