About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So glad I'm getting back up to par!


So much is happening at this time of the year! The twins will be "graduating" from the eighth grade at Rayne Catholic and Ben will be graduating from Rayne High. Little Evie Boudreaux is due to arrive in the next few days. Wow, am I grateful to be feeling better, in order to keep up with all this action.
My radiation is going okay, a little monotonous, going everyday at 8 a.m., but I am not having any complications, so I am glad about that. I still find it hard to fathom that during the entire school year, I have been so wrapped up in the treatment of this cancer. And as I type this, I can't fight the tears that stream down my face, facing the reality of what I've missed and had hoped to be a much bigger part of for my kids during the school year. But in God's plan, they had to help me. When I look at all they did and all they sacrificed, I am so amazed. Even now, with my need for radiation everyday, they still don't have ALL of me, because I am not able to plan or participate in anything that is at the same time as radiation. We are continually learning the value of PATIENCE!!!
Meanwhile, we have started walking daily and seriously revamped our eating habits, We "JUICE" often in my JACK LALANNE JUICER!

5-12 servings a day
And I have started a serious regimen of my herbal supplementing. My hair is growing a little everyday... It is soooo gray! The stress and the chemo really helped it get VERY GRAY, VERY QUICKLY!!! Now I will really look like Aunt Evelyn! (That's a good thing, Aunt EV!!) I may wear it gray for a little while, I figured I earned it and maybe it will represent the wisdom that comes with the experience. But there is a tube of MATRIX SOCOLOR calling my name!!!
My friend Jenny, is nearing the end of her radiation. I will try to have lunch with her this week. Once the kids are out of school, it will be hard to meet up. Please continue to also lift Jenny in prayer, as this whole experience has taken a toll on our  emotions! 
Yesterday, after our walk, I planted a few flowers and  vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers) Am looking forward to the fruits of my labor! 
Life is generally good with a few bouts of mild depression, only in small increments! Sometimes my thoughts of the future, leave me anxious or even doubtful, but through prayer I can rise back to the GOOD STUFF and live only for the this very moment!!! Sometimes that is a challenge, but it is the only "TIME" that matters!
Please know that, daily, I remember all of you who have prayed for me, in my prayers. You continue to lift me to a place with God that I have desired for so long! 

1 comment:

Lila Lambert said...

In His human years Jesus did all of the little things each day: taking care of His mother, working in His workshop, being a neighbor, sharing His life with friends, all the things we do and He sanctified them and made them holy!! As God adds years to my life, I pray He gives "life" to my years...