About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a beautiful Sunday!




Yesterday we took Audrey for her first visit to LaFonda's ... We did a girl's day out and she was so good and never peeped through lunch or shopping! We must train her early how to do the girl thing!
Today, for the first time since I've had Chemo, I ventured out to Walmart WIGLESS!!  I put on my baseball cap and headed out, warning Layni that some people might look twice when they saw me. It was easier than I thought it would be. Having my hair begin to grow back (only about a quarter of an inch)   makes me feel encouraged and hopeful. People did, in fact, take second looks at me,  just like I have always done whenever I would see bald women, always wondering what "their story" was. Today,  I look at ALL people, even those unscathed by cancer and wonder what their story is! We all have a story, don't we?... it doesn't have to be cancer!! 
The rest of the day was so normal...I cooked lunch!!! I worked in my yard and planted flowers, the sunshine was awesome! There was MUCH to smile about! As the sun begins to set, I am sitting on the back patio (something I used to do all the time) admiring the view, the big tree in the distance and the way the sun is shining on the fields behind the house. It is glorious! God's promises are unfolding, as we will see in His passion this week. I trust in His Resurrection! 
My first radiation is tomorrow. A new page in this book of life! Please Pray! Have a blessed Holy Week!

4 comments:

Lila Lambert said...

How good it is to feel "normal", huh? Just to get back to being YOU and doing the little things you enjoy each day...Praise God!!! I can read through your words how much you enjoyed just feeling like your old self again...

Anonymous said...

You look good! You sound good! God is GOOD! And...how about that precious Easter Bunny Baby! Now that's some special Mimi-Good! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I am NOT anonymous! My name is Donna! One day I am going to learn how to work this blog system!

Lila Lambert said...

He took the scars and left us with the healing....have a blessed Easter!!!