About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We get to see Evie tomorrow!

Little Evie has been a little shy about her arrival, so tomorrow (Wednesday), around noon, she will be delivered by c-section. Although Kristin was a little disappointed about having a section, she is, like the rest of us, just so ready to meet little miss Evie Boudreaux! We are praying for a safe delivery for both mom and baby! Will certainly post pictures tomorrow night! 
Today I couldn't take it anymore.... I colored my 1/4 inch long hair! The gray was just too much for me to handle. For a few weeks I kept thinking I would keep it gray for a while, cuz I had "earned" it, but after a good long conversation with Father Buddy this week, I realized that God loves me all the same, whether I am vain or not!!! So I mixed up some 506 and 6RB Socolor and PRESTO CHANGE-O.... No more gray!! 
Each added day of radiation, brings a little more tenderness and "sunburn" to the radiation site, which goes from the middle of my chest, and across my breast, to underneath my armpit, like the shape of a big rectangle. Today I experienced a lot of fatigue and some days, I get chills in the afternoon, (like when you get a sunburn and then when the sun goes down and you feel the burn a little more.) All in all, it is tolerable, and will soon be over. Meanwhile, we will relish in the celebration of a new precious life that will bring us all much joy, starting tomorrow! God is so very good!

2 comments:

Lila Lambert said...

I'll pray for a safe delivery of Baby Evie.....God brings a ray of sunshine in every situation....

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby girl, God is good everyday,AMEN ! Glad everybody in doing great.
506 mixed with 507R is my color.

Bridgette