About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Old family videos!

Today the girls were watching old family videos (this one was from about 9 years ago) and I heard an uproar of laughter, then Haley comes running out the bedroom hollering for  Layni to come watch this video of when Layni was a toddler, playing with her kitty cat, Tiger!  I was curious so I went to watch too! Keep in mind that Layni is the youngest of this crazy bunch and from early on, she has been very quiet, well mannered, easily entertained and very sweet! I don't ever recall even seeing this video, so it was a surprise to me when I saw it today. What's funny about it to us, is the unexpected behavior that our sweet, mild mannered child  displays to her innocent poor little kitty! 
     As I sat and watched a few other home movies, I began to wonder where all the time has gone, which is all the more reason to enjoy the precious present!
    Hope you enjoy this little video snipit, and know that as a whole we don't encourage pet abuse, but keep in mind the kitty snipped at her finger hidden behind the plant!!  

3 comments:

Blanche said...

To Mimi, I love you!pvypiilluolkouol

][;lup8llh;p
yu0o0-=

Love,
Elise

Lila Lambert said...

Cannot bring myself to watch old family videos...just break down in tears seeing the children so sweet and innocent....while they watch and laugh!!!

Madelene Boudreaux said...

Must admit Lila, I was crying while they were laughing at their precious innocence, something I didn't see while I was caught up in the hectic-ness of it all at the time.