About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Sunflowers are starting to bloom!





     I love SUNFLOWERS! Every year Ricky plants a big batch of sunflowers in the field behind our house. Sometimes they do great and sometimes they don't grow at all. This year, they were delayed with the drought, but now that we have had rain, they are busting out all over! Within a few weeks there will be a field full of them! Ricky pretends that he does this just for me, but he reallly does it because it attracts doves to the fields just in time for hunting season! Meanwhile we are enjoying fresh picked flowers and soon we will have a picturesque backdrop for family photos! 
     Today the weather was so cooperative, a good lazy Sunday! Some good old rice and gravy and a chocolate/mocha cake! May it rest in peace!!! It was demolished. We broke out the little tikes swing and Audrey loved it. She took a couple of good naps in it! We'll have to find a second one soon so when Evie can sit up good enough they won't have to take turns! 
     Have had very little complications with the first week of being on the ARIMIDEX. Some restless nights/insomnia! Don't know if that is from the medicine or just me being crazy! I hope I begin to sleep better! Other than that I have been GREAT! Thank God! 
    Tomorrow I will be working on a decorating job, will post some before and afters. 
     Love to all!
    

1 comment:

Donna Pasquier said...

Mama told me about the sunflowers blooming yesterday! She will probably tell me about the chocolate cake when I talk to her tomorrow....unless she was too late to get any!!

Glad to hear that you are doing ok on the meds!

Good Sunday! Have you checked out my blog yet? I'm taking baby steps, but it's coming along.