About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Making Happy Memories












     My house is a party house!! When we built it, as Ricky worked so hard night after night, doing lots of hands on work, each night after, he would come to our little rent house (where we lived between our old home and new)  and he would say, "Build it and they will come." He was right. "They" come! When I was a little girl, my grandma and grandpa lived out here in the country, and she loved company, she loved to cook and was always  prepared for company. It gave her endless joy and I was delighted when we spent time at the house on the farm! Many of my fondest memories are from times spent at their house. I now take delight in having a house on the farm  where people love to gather. 
     Last night was no exception. My sisters and I gave an engagement shower for my nephew, Billy and his lovely fiance,  Melissa. It was hot as all get out, but there is a magic that takes place when families gather out of love! Billy is the OLDEST of the grandchildren and has taken his time finding the love of his life, and although we didn't partake in literal 4th of July  fireworks, (for fear of burning all of the crops in the fields of drought) when Billy toasted his love to Melissa, there were definitely fireworks in their hearts and ours. I am so happy for Billy! He is blessed to have fallen in love with Melissa, an  obvious life changing relationship led by the hand of God! Now we can stop asking him "when will he ever get married", for the answer is November 20th! 
      The little kids love to come to Aunt Madelene's house and they played, played, played so hard last night. Donna overheard Bella proclaim, "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY FUTURE"! Bella always cracks me up!
     It gives me such pleasure to have my family come and enjoy themselves at our home! Because when I look back over my experience with cancer treatment, what matters most to me is the surrounding love that carried me through. It is the same love that gets us all through life's challenges. Our earthly job is to love, continually over and over!  And even though we fail miserably at times, time and again we succeed. Last night we all succeeded, for love filled the air! THE very HOT air! Thank you Billy and Melissa, for giving us another great reason to have fun at the party house! Blanche, it's your turn now!
     Loving every minute of my precious existence! 

2 comments:

Lila Lambert said...

Great to see the old and new faces...where did so much time go??? With grandbabies and great neices and nephews...I still remember us way back when and am so proud of who we became and am so thankful of where God placed us right here and now...we have so much to give all because He gave us much along the way!!!!

Madelene Boudreaux said...

Very well said...
madelene