About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Another Boudreaux Birthday Party!




Happy Birthday Bryan! Our oldest son will turn 31 on August the 11th! I can hardly believe that. Tonight we celebrated with burgers and his special request of Chocolate Mocha cake!!! Twas a good evening. I love it when we gather together and enjoy the evening with good food and family! Our life is mostly simple but full of blessings! These simple things and simple celebrations are all we really need, the rest is all lagniappe!
I love ya Bryan, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Bryan Boudreaux Photography said...

The cake was even better on Saturday then on Friday!!!