About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Games of Acadiana and another super Sunday!








Yesterday was the Games of Acadiana benefitting the Miles Perret Center. This is the organization that has been so helpful to me during my treatments all this year! All of their services are free of charge. For instance, this year before school started they furnished the kids back to school supplies for the beginning of this school year. What a help that was!
As I contemplated attending the ceremonies I wondered how I would feel about participating in the survivors march at the opening ceremonies! At some point you have to declare yourself a survivor! When is that magical moment? For me it was yesterday! With a lump in my throat, and tears in my eyes, I joined in the SURVIVIORS walk! I had this talk with a fellow breast cancer survivor friend yesterday. I am so ready to just be living a normal routine life! I want this cancer experience to ONLY be a chapter in my life! I do not want it to define my life! like ... madelene boudreaux, mother of 8 children, cancer survivor! There is so much more to me, so much more yet to unfold. The story is yet unfolding, a new chapter, one after the other. Am elated to be ready to roll on! Ready to hang up my BOXING GLOVES and just roll with the flow! (Daddy would've loved the picture of me with the pink boxing gloves!) Yes, it was only one chapter in my life story!!!!
Today we had a great family gathering, cake pics included... Blair's "Watermelon" creation. Evie's outfit matched the cake! That's what I love about Sunday's!
p.s. my hair was only spray painted, the pink is not permanent!

1 comment:

Lila Lambert said...

Sometimes on this journey we are lucky enough to meet Him, once His steady, penetrating, loving gaze is upon us it becomes impossible to live as before...We are changed forever, now, so much better...When He crosses our path and LIGHTS US UP hopefully to give light to those still walking in darkness...it's a tall order but WOW the joy in complete abandonment of control..especially for a control freak like me!!!