About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new school year!




This is our new start! Last year at this time, I had just begun my breast cancer journey. I was a walking zombie! And feared each day, wondering how my children would survive the school year with me in bed the majority of the time. What I learned was that they are very capable of many things without my help. And their Daddy took up all the slack! We survived the year, with quite valuable lessons. Lifetime lessons that are forming us into who God called us to be, all of us! With an open heart, I embrace this next school year, in appreciation for all of my blessings, particularly my health! I have so much admiration for the strength of my family. They are still standing strong after such turmoil. Your prayers were the key to our rising up! Thanks, its been a very enlightening year!
I have included this great picture Kristin took of Bryan and Evie! I can feel the love in their eyes! And the other is of Bella and I, during a recent visit to Angie's. Bella helped take this "self photo" of us!
Happy new school year to all of my friends and family.

No comments: