About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

What is the deal with me and my hair?

     This past Wednesday (Chemo day)  when I woke up I decided to make a batch of my delicious CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BROWNIES and take some to the staff at Dr. Brierre's office.  I am in such awe of the extremely sensitive and kind care that I receive each time that  I am there. I just wanted to do a little something for them, and I needed to get back in the kitchen and try to start acting like a mom again! 
     When we were on our way to my appointment,  I ran my fingers through my wig and it felt like I may have gotten some of the dough from the brownies in my hair.... as I looked more closely I realized that my wig, the one that looks so natural, the one that people (even strangers in the mall) stop and say "Oh I love your haircut!", the one that I wear everyday and have become increasingly addicted to....  was MELTED!!!! Yes, you heard me, MELTED!!! When I had opened the oven door to take out the delicious, wonderful brownies out of the oven, the heat from the oven had singed and melted the right side of my, what used to be really cute, wig! Now anyone else may not notice this at first glance, but each time I touch the sparse, crispy, piece of hair on the wig I can not believe that the only decent hair I had left is ruined! Yes, Lord, you can stop now, I have faced and confronted  my vanity issues. I know its what's on the inside that counts! Got it!
      I guess I 'll have to make a little visit to WIGSALON.COM and get a new "DO"! 
     I had no idea that cooking would be a hazard while "wig wearing"! I promise from now on this gal will only cook and bake  bald headed! So this Wednesday if I get a "Wild Hair" to whip something up for my peeps at the Doctor's office I will proceed with caution and keep my wig at a distance! 
     The brownies were good, by the way, so I decided to include the recipe. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip  Cheesecake Brownie Bars

2 rolls of slice and bake chocolate chip cookies (any brand works well)
1  8oz. pkg cream cheese
1 whole egg plus one egg white
3/4 cup sugar
Slice the first roll of cookies and layer in bottom of a 9x13 pan and press edges together. In a bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth. Fold over  first layer of cookie dough, then slice second roll and place slices over  the cream cheese mixture. Top layer of cookies will spread over mixture when baked. Bake at 350 for about 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Hope you enjoy them...
If you have on a wig, be careful!!!
     
      

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor you. But that is funny!!! Keep up the great spirits. Hopefully I'll get to see you Tuesday, if my appointment is still on. Hope all is well. Be careful in that kitchen!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Sorry but that is to funny!!! I laughed all by myself when I read this.Be careful when you get your new one!!!! :-) Kim Hebert

Lila Lambert said...

These words from Jenny Owens truly touch me: I'm not who I was when I took my first step and I know that You're not through with me yet, so if all of these trials bring me closer to you...then I'll walk through the fire if You want me to....