About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Am ready to change it up a bit!










Just as I was ready to refresh the concept of my blog and make it a Food/Entertaining blog, I am emotionally on hold again as we await a doctor's appointment for my mom with a surgeon for a breast biopsy on Wednesday! It was my intention to refocus and not dwell on cancer anymore, and so here we are faced with yet one more possibility! Such is life! We are of course praying for a good result and I will keep you posted on the outcome, meanwhile I will dabble in presenting my new found love of testing out healthy recipes that are delicious! We are trying to keep away from all white processed foods, mainly refined sugar, white bread, pasta etc. Today I made these Mini Whole Wheat Biscuit French Onion Soup Bowls!! I searched high and low for whole wheat refrigerated biscuits... of course Rayne and Crowley had none! So I made my own whole wheat biscuits from scratch!
So here is the recipe: (does not include the biscuit recipe)

Take a muffin pan and spray the back side of it with non stick spray, and then mold a biscuit onto each cup and bake at 400 degrees until set!
Slice up one Jumbo Sweet Vidalia Onion and cook in two tablespoons olive oil with salt and pepper until carmelized, about 15 minutes.
Then melt 3 Tablespoons butter and stir in about 4 tablespoons flour and add 1/2 pint heavy cream, whisking as you add it. As it thickens, whisk in 1 cup grated swiss (the recipe called for gruyere, NOT IN THE BOUDREAUX BUDGET this week) Stir until smooth.
Fill each cup with the onions, cheese sauce, and more grated cheese. Top with paprika and one small leaf of fresh basil. (I always have a pot of fresh basil on my patio).
Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Yummy and pretty!!!
Hope you enjoy! I will continue to post about my family's activities, as well as keeping you updated on my health and now my mom's too! And I will always, of course, post lots of cute grandbaby pictures!! :)

No comments: