About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Had a cancer scare!

When I went for my mammogram 3 weeks ago, the radiology doctor said there was "an area of concern" on my xrays. After numerous more xrays, he sent me on to my surgeon for a biopsy. It took a little while to get in and I finally had the biopsy last Friday morning. I must admit that for those 15 days of waiting I became more and more anxious as each day would pass! I was told that if the cancer would have reoccurred in the same breast it would have meant that I would've needed a mastectomy. I spent very much time and energy trying to prepare myself for the worst! (Where is the old optimistic Madelene?) Yesterday morning I got the call from Dr. Breaux's office, and when I saw his name on the caller ID I was petrified to answer the phone! When I finally answered, how exciting it was to find out that the specks on my mammogram were fibrocystic calcifications. I am determined to eliminate anything in my diet that would contribute to the formation of these deposits! And also supplement with things that would help get rid of them!
I was instructed to have mammograms every 6 months as opposed to once a year, now that this has happened, to keep a close watch on this situation! It was a very emotionally draining experience and I need a vacation! Which is what I will get this weekend when some of my girlfriends and I head out to the lakehouse at Toledo Bend!!
Am so looking forward to some relaxation and laughter!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We're so happy to hear the good news :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!