About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Back to Holy Toledo!






This past weekend my girlfriends and I went back to Toledo Bend to the lakehouse for a luxuriously relaxing weekend! It was exactly a year ago that we had gone after my two breast surgeries and lymph node disection. At that time I was in a lot of pain, both physical and emotional. I was so relieved this year after my biopsy results, that I went ready to celebrate life and have lots of fun. And I did, as we were also celebrating another friends ABSCENCE of cancer! As life goes, when you gather 8 beautiful souls together, there is always some healing to be done. One could not even imagine the profound sense of love in our circle! When women gather with open hearts and trust, miracles happen that we can never plan for. We lift each other in pain and joy and sometimes there is only a moment between the two, so we stay on our spiritual toes when dare pray in a circle! I was surrounded by the beauty of nature, a wonderful lakehouse and friends with hearts of gold. I long for my children to gather friendships like these made of solid gold!
We had the best weekend ever... I treated them to a surprise performance of my own "BEYONCE' BOUDREAUX" rendition of SINGLE LADIES!!!! I love when people laugh, even when it is at me! And oh, uh uh, did they LAUGH!

No comments: