About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Remembering good times and making new memories!

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the lake. My mom got to fish again for the first time in 12 years. It was her first trip back to Toledo Bend since Dad passed away. She was such a trooper, even though the fish were not really biting, she was so glad to drop a line in the water!! It took her a while to relax and get beyond the fact that it made her sad to be there without Dad. We took her to see her old camp and her next door neighbor from 12 years ago was outside and they were both so very glad to see each other. Ms. Alma, (the old neighbor) said that she had just thought about Mom this week and she couldn't believe that she "showed up" this weekend! God always has a plan! It was definitely bittersweet. Haley and Maddie brought along Sarah Ledet, a friend, and the three of them and Layni had fun on the dock and helping Aunt Sheila collect firewood for the the firepit. Of course we had S'mores for dessert! Ricky kept Momo all rigged up for fishing and each time the little bream would steal her bait, she'd say, "One more worm and that's it, I quit!" Then she'd get a good bite and say okay,  one more time!! She hasn't smiled like that in a while. I am so glad she decided to come along. Brooke came with Blanche. She is like one of the fam and always makes me laugh! Sheila and I taught Blanche and Brooke about the value of a good red wine and  I must say they learn very quickly! They stayed out by the fire very late and enjoyed their wine after the S'more Fest! Sheila and I didn't understand why they didn't have hot flashes in the night after drinking too much  wine... Oh yeah, there in their twenties....not their fifties!!  Life is good. So very good! I do feel anxious when I first wake up each day and then I remind myself of all that is right in my world and God lifts me up again. With Tuesday being my first day of chemo, we decided to celebrate Layni's birthday early and have her party tomorrow (on Monday)  afternoon. She will be 11 on the 10th. Now that's something to celebrate! Am trying to still be Mom in the midst of a whirlwind of change and disruption. My children have been patient and loving in spite of the turmoil. A birthday celebration will  make tomorrow a very special day. 

"Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children."
Lamentations 2:19

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm next to go see how beautiful it is over there!!!!

Brooke said...

Thanks again for including me on the trip! I had such a good time! It is absolutely wonderful to feel like part of your fam! Can't wait til next time!!!! Love you!!!!!!!!