About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

CHEMO, TAKE TWO!


Today I had my second round of chemo. Malorie dropped by for a quick visit, which helped make the time go by a little quicker. I went in the afternoon and it was quiet in the treatment room. I ended up all by myself and got to visit with the nurses and Dr. Brierre. We laughed and had a good time. I am in awe of their gentle, kind way of helping their patients feel so at ease. In a time and place that is so unfamiliar, I find myself putting all of my faith and trust in the belief that God has led me exactly where he wants me.  And in an odd,  bittersweet way this experience, although challenging and scary, is bringing peace, joy and new friendships. God is good in the sneakiest way! 

"Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's."
Chronicles 20:15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Madeline with the pink hair you look hot momma. And all I can say about your family is wow. You are a very lucky lady to have such a beautiful and wonderful man as Ricky. God has blessed you in so many ways with thoes wonderful children and your sisters and mom . I read everynight to see how you are. I will ask you again to please call me and I can go do house work or wash clothes or whatever needs to be done, can't cook but I can bake lol. I say my prayer everynight for you and the family. I don't usually prey everynight cause I just forget and fall asleep. But have been lately. take care and call if your board I'm here. Love Kam

Lila Lambert said...

Faith shows itself in darkness...I have often heard that, but never realized how true it is 'til God pushed me far enough to determine how much I loved Him...and when it was so dark all I could see was HIM...