About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, November 17, 2008

PINK HAIR!



Okay, I did it! My hair is PINK!! When I woke up this morning I was beginning to SHED! So all day I anticipated big clumps of hair falling out, but it never got much worse. So I decided that today would be a good day to do the pink hair thing, since tomorrow may be too late. I think the kids were shocked that I really did it. Day by day I am coming to terms with the hair loss situation. Day by day, I am realizing I have very little control over much. So tomorrow if my hair starts to REALLY fall out a lot we will shave it all off. I can have control over the day that I go completely  bald!! For today, I'm just a regular rock star mom!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woooooo hoooo... i absolutely LOVE it. im so glad u did it, and i bet the kids are sooo excited. i always thought u were the best mom ever but now ur definately the "coolest" haha "Pink" has nothing on you!!! love you so much... and hey .. i know you'll be just as cute bald as u are with pink hair. I love you mom, we all do.

love always, mal

A2 said...

The pink hair is great, I love it!
I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,
love you,
Alice Anne

Lila Lambert said...

Our hair is so much a part of who we are....I revel in your spunk!!!

Anonymous said...

It really looks almost reddish pink! I think it fits the haircut and may be the bravest thing you have ever tried! So what if you beat the odds and don't go bald? You can pick any other color in a bottle and cover the pink . . . but pretty in pink may be your mantra for a while. I hope you aren't too tired when I hit Rayne tomorrow afternoon. Good luck with tomorrow's treatment. Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! You are the bomb! I love the cut, it's great...love and hugs and endless prayers,

Melba