About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Getting back on track!

     Well I guess this is all a learning experience. I've learned that day # 3 of chemo for me, is not that great. Some of the medicine kicks in and some of it wears off! It left me with some unresolved nausea that lingered most of the day and night. I was able to alleviate it with the nausea medicine and next time I will not let it get ahead of me! I was told that the shot used to boost the white blood count would possibly cause some bone and joint pain, likely by the 6th day. That has not happened as of yet, so I am glad I haven't had to deal with that pain and the nausea at the same time. So far, all in all, if this is as bad as it gets, then I am grateful that I can manage through most days normally with only mild modifications. I am learning the signals of my body and have a tremendous respect for when it calls me to rest. I don't get out much yet, can't figure if that's a physical or emotional response, but for now HOME feels the best!    
     The other night when I was feeling so weak and so rotten  I gave up and laid in bed, as STILL as I could, Ricky took some time to just sit and grill with a couple or 4 beers. I was glad he was trying to chill out and then suddenly everyone was scurrying about, fetching towels and mops. When somebody finally came it the bedroom to tell me what was going on I realized that a water pipe had burst in the outdoor kitchen/ bathroom wall.... Surely you jest, Jesus? So much for Ricky relaxing. He jumped right in, cut the sheetrock, stopped the leak, cleaned it all up, (with the help of a few Boudreaux's) and finished up supper and never complained. He said we can add PLUMBER to the list of  "NURSE, DOCTOR, COACH, TAXI, CHEF, LAUNDRY/MAID, .... He is all that and much more. Each day, more and more his love for me astounds my soul! Thank you God for my family and friends. 
     It has been such a rollercoaster of emotion, dealing with my feelings, as well as everyone else's, dealing with my physical limitations, and managing doing things, that before, never took much thought. We have to cautiously plan and schedule important things, so they don't fall around the first few days of chemo. Lessons are being learned everyday and I am embracing the sweet moments of needing God so desperately.


"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. For when I am weak, I am strong."
2 Corinthians: 8-10

No comments: