About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas with my Supper Club friends!



Well Christmas is almost here and last night my "gal" friends gathered at Sandra's house. It was a nice enjoyable evening, even though I wasn't able to partake in the wine! These treatments have my stomach not able to tolerate my love of wine and delicious holiday foods. But the company was delightful and I had been needing a girl's night out. I will have Chemo on Wednesday, the last of the yukky RED one!! Then starting the year off, I will begin a different regimen, one that may be a little kinder! Hoping everyone enjoys preparing for Christmas and the pleasures of seeing family and friends! Love to all! Madelene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madelene,

I hope you are feeling better and getting rest. What a beautiful salad! Can I get the recipe? I would love to share it on Christmas day. love and hugs to you...miss you,

Melba