About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A fun visit with cousins!




Today my cousin, Chris Butaud, and his family were in for the holidays. They flew in last night from a very snowy Seattle. We hadn't seen them in very long time.  So we gathered up a few more cousins and had a great little lunch visit! I can remember when we  were little kids and we would all gather at my grandma's house and how loud and chaotic the holiday would be, all the babies and all the commotion, but we had so much fun!  So now we start creating new traditions and memories for each of our own families. It's hard to let go of the old traditions, but as each year passes time presents new situations and events that create our new precious moments. And so the cycle starts anew! The old memories are sweet and so will the new ones be!

2 comments:

Robert Scholl said...

Hi Madelene. I found you blog and was instantly drawn to it without even reading it. I have only read bits and pieces of it, but I can say with certainty that I love your attitude!

I was diagnosed with Stage II Rectal Cancer in March of 2007. I am currently cancer-free after following a natural treatment for 10 months, then chemo & radiation, followed by surgery and currently a 12 treatment chemo regimen scheduled to complete in March.

I began blogging about my experience shortly after it started and it has been deeply therapeutic. Have a look if you like:
http://bertscholl.blogspot.com

Like you, I realized my cancer diagnosis was a gift. My prayers were with hope that the gift included longevity. I believe that gift was granted as well.

God Bless You and stay strong.

Robert Scholl

Monique Marie said...

I wish I could have been there with Jax! by the way...I'm really jealous of how great your hair looks!