About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fun at Melba's market!




     I know that the pictures make it look like we were set up in a mall or something, but that is the foyer in Melba's  very lovely home. Blair and I went  to Houston on Monday to my friend Melba's house. Every year she hosts a 2 day Christmas shopping party and her friends who have goods to sell set up "Booth" spaces in her home. This year we sold lots of our DIP DIVA dip mixes.  It is always loads of fun, meeting new people and making new friends. I was so touched by the number of people I met who all said they had been praying for me! I am in awe of that, really! It is no wonder I feel lifted every day. It was all so much fun and a great distraction for a change! 
     I got to see my new grand nephew. Donna and Monique came by Melba's for a visit and we got to meet little Jackson Bennett. He is very cute and sweet. Was so glad to finally see him in person. And so speaking of babies... we found out today that Kristin and Bryan are going to have a GIRL!!!! So two little girls are on the way in the Boudreaux family. We are overjoyed and so excited!! So much to look forward to and get well for!
    Chemo is tomorrow  (Thursday) morning. Not much to say about that, except that'll be one more down. It is going faster than I thought it would. Hope this one will not be as rough as the last one.... p.s. I am adjusting to wearing the wig and also gettin comfortable with my shaved head too! Everyone at Melba's thought the wig was MY hair! Funny!! 
Love you all.

"Listen to me! You can pray for anything and if you believe, you will have it. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too."
Mark 11: 24-25
     
      

3 comments:

Lila Lambert said...

I lit a candle for you this morning and offered my mass and prayers for your healing...and, of course, for the courage and strength to brave the treatments. There is so much power in prayer and the peace "which surpasses all understanding"...may you be blessed and empowered this day!!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Madeline,
Just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you feel today. I am so privilaged to be your chemo nurse. You truly are special.

Jo Ann Moulden said...

Madelene,
You are amzazing! What a beautiful lady you are. The love and support I see in your profile makes you my new 'hero'. Stay strong!

Chemo Angel, Jo Ann Moulden