About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Embracing Christmas...

     I was saying today that when I feel really yukky, its hard to look forward and know that things will be back to normal one day. Yet as each day passes, I know with conviction that I am getting better and the chemo is doing its job, destroying any chance of cancer finding refuge in my body. I thought that today would be a great day to refocus my heart on the goodness of Jesus in this Advent season as we all wait for Him. I must remember, like Maddie said in her KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS essay, that during this special time of Advent we must welcome Jesus into the world again!   
   I think we all get caught up in what we are waiting for...I'm waiting to feel better, we're waiting on 2 new precious babies, the kids are excitedly awaiting  the holidays with no school and the joys of Christmas, each and every one of us is being called to wait, and in our impatience, sometimes we loose sight of the beauty of the day at hand. For today, I pray that I stop overlooking today's blessings while I anxiously await what is yet to come. For today, I cannot forget to welcome Jesus in my world again, for I know he is here carrying me and each of you through whatever life is presenting us. He is, I know he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your family during the holidays. I am keeping you in my prayers and good luck on the new grandbabies. I just recently had a miscarriage, but were looking up to the future and know that there are more kids to come. I pray we all have a safe and happy holiday.

Good luck and God Bless
Crysal Judice