About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Delayed again!

Today I found out that my radiation treatments will be delayed for another week because of the renovations at the office that I go to. They have been working around a major renovation, now it will affect the treatment room, so I am, once again, put on hold. I really want this whole ordeal to be over, but if there has to be a hiatus, then now is a good time with all the end of the year activities and graduation ceremonies!  This will make the end of my treatments come on May 29, much later than earlier projected! That makes it end on the last day of school, which means that my treatment has REALLY lasted throughout the whole school year!  I did not ever officially celebrate the last day of chemo but I can bet you one thing, I will "Party like a Rock Star" when this is all over! I did have a treatment today that left me very tired and not feeling well at all. After I took a good long nap I started trying to get the energy to go in the kitchen and make a pot of soup... I was so tired I couldn't make myself get up. Then Ricky got home and checked the freezer and found some of Lila's delicious beef and vegetable soup. It certainly hit the spot on a day when I really needed it! Thanks, Lila!! It was good the first time and the today it was even better! Think I'll just stay curled up in bed and watch American Idol!!  
 

1 comment:

Lila Lambert said...

Bon Appetit!!! It was my pleasure to do something so small that you could enjoy....