About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Please pray!

The very first time I had chemo, I met up with Stephen Prevost in the treatment room. Although it was my first, I am certain it was God knows what  # for Stephen. His encounter with cancer and chemo began long before my diagnosis. I recall that day like it was yesterday. I walked right passed Stephen to pick a chemo chair and as I passed him he was sleeping, I recall him being thin and I remember my heart aching thinking about how this young man had cancer, then as he awakened and opened his eyes Ricky said, "Hi Stephen".  I was very taken back by what the cancer and treatments had done to Stephen's physical appearance. Here was a STRONG, feisty young man with a spirit and heart so big, day after day, giving everything he had to overcome his cancer. The treatments challenged him physically and his determination carried him through some grueling times. Stephen passed away yesterday! I have to believe  that he leaves behind a shining example of courage, faith, strength, hope, and a willingness to live and love in the days God had numbered for him. 
Whenever our grand baby, Elle, passed away, I remember our daughter in law saying to me that she took comfort in her belief that no matter what our purpose or connection to our loved ones was, no matter what we did or didn't do, it was truly God and only God who has numbered our days from the very beginning. I can take comfort in that for my own family. I have always said during my treatments that I was so glad that it was me that was sick  and not one of my children. My prayers for Aileen and Jim, Stephen's parents, are on my heart every minute of each day! They, too have shown strength beyond belief, never outwardly giving up! Words cannot describe our deep sorrow at his passing. Please keep them in your prayers. Thank you all! 

No comments: