About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Haley and Maddie's Graduation






On Saturday night Maddie came down with a yukky stomach virus and slept most of the day on Sunday, running a little fever and feeling achy. Then on Monday she was still down but managed to get out of bed only long enough for me to hilite her hair in time for graduation on Tuesday. Yesterday morning came and she still felt bad. She couldn't even get up to go to her 7th/ 8th grade passing of the candle and her kindergarten BUDDY GOOD BYE program. She was really sad about that because she didn't want Emma, her little buddy to be sad! She stayed home in bed in hopes of resting up enough to go the graduation. She stayed in bed until it was her turn  for Blair to style her hair, she dressed and made it in time to take a picture with her fellow classmates. As they lined up to proceed into church she said she was okay and I took my seat with the rest of the family. As Haley walked in, smile shining, I sighed a sigh of relief that all was going well, then realized that Maddie was not behind her. I went to the sitting room in the back of church and there she was pale again, asking to please go home and go back to bed. Now as a mother of twins, I have beat myself up many a time, realizing that I can never split myself in two, always sharing time with two totally individual people. There again, they both needed me to show up for them and I did me best to suffice each of them. So Maddie ended up going home to bed while the rest of us stayed at the graduation. I know Maddie has a big heart and understands why we needed to be there for Haley! They both looked stunningly beautiful and all grown up. That 8th grade graduation always strikes an emotional cord with me. It is such a milestone. Yesterday was double the emotion looking at these two beautiful children who are growing up faster than I can believe! They have, in particular, this past year done more than their fair share of growing up emotionally and I thank them for all of their love and support through my less than great year. I hope I was there for them, even if in the smallest ways. 

No comments: