About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Elle's Kitchen!



Oh, what fun we had. It was very serious competition!  The food entries were so delicious, some very creative and artistically presented! The Food Network should've been here! Erick (Wendy's husband) took first place in the appetizer category with his tasty and beautifully plated "Cheese in it" Crab Cheesecake. Maddie took second place with her Sun dried tomato Canapes. Third was Mackenzies Grits Toast and Creamy Mushrooms. 
In the dessert category Haley took first place with Pecan Cheesecake Bars, Uncle Mike took second with an interesting Texas themed entry of  "Remember the A la Mode" (Homemade vanilla ice cream with chunks of pecan pie in it, topped with a yummy caramel pecan sauce!!!!!) Third place was Sheila's Fantastic Brownies.
It was so good to gather together. Love the picture of Momo joyce with the 5 little grandbabies. Wish Michael and Kristen's new baby Mick would've been here too! Bryan, Kristin and Evie made it too! New moms nowadays are amazing. They are moving right along! 
I have included our families recipe entries. These are all great for your entertaining pleasure. This is the most fun I've had in a long while! It all seemed like good old NORMAL fun! 
Wish I could blink and radiation would be over... what will normal be like? Almost there!!! 

SunDried Tomato Canapes

 3 packs Phyllo Pastry Shells (in freezer section)
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup chopped  sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
1/2 cup shredded mozarella
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
Tony seasoning to taste
 Top with Crumbled bacon (ready to serve) 
Mix all together and put a teaspoon of mixture in each shell, top with a sprinkle of crumbled bacon  and bake at 350 till cooked and melted. This was delicious!!! 

Pecan Cheesecake Bars
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar (divided)
1/2 cup softened  butter 
2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
2 8 ounce cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup butter melted
3 large eggs

preheat oven 350. In medium bowl, mix flour and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry cutter or fork cut in butter, then stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press mixture evenly into a 13x9 pan and bake for 10 minutes. 
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and white sugar, beat until smooth. Add milk and vanilla, beating until well combined. Pour over cooled crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. 
In a medium bowl mix 3/4 cup brown, corn syrup, melted butter, and eggs. Stir in 1 1/2 cups pecans. Pour mixture over cream cheese mixture. Bake 40 minutes... until center is set. Yummy 

Layni wanted me to include her recipe too, although it wasn't a finalist it was certainly a WINNER!

Sesame Seed  Drummettes

About 20-25 drummettes
Tony Seasoning
Lemon Pepper
1 bottle VERY VERY TERIYAKI
Sesame Seeds
1/4 jar Sweet and sour sauce
 Season drumettes lightly with Tony's and Lemon Pepper. In a bowl mix the bottle of terryaki, and sweet and sour sauce. Pour over the drumettes and let marinate 30 minutes. Place a large piece of heavy duty foil on the grill and wipe with olive  oil or spray with Pam. Place drumettes on the foil and cook for 45 minutes turning drumettes every 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Finger looking GOOD!! 

No comments: