About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A good day!



Today was a good day! In one way I am sad, because I am so loving the technicians doing my treatment now at the radiation place in Lafayette! I will miss them (am still so glad to be finishing) I had switched over to Lafayette midway into my treatment and was very satisfied with the new Dr., clinic, treatment and nurses! Wish I had started there to begin with.  Don't always know why things unfold as they do, am leaving that to the Man upstairs, trusting in his plan!
I am learning, day by day, to give up my need to control things! It works much better that way! 
Even though my treatment plan comes to an end tomorrow, I will trust that you will continue to keep us in your prayers and pray that I be spared of a re-occurrence!  My doctors will keep a close check on me with check ups about every 3-4 months! 
So life changes drastically real soon and I am ready to embrace it full throttle! 
Am looking forward to our beach vacation and will continue to post about my crazy life and my beautiful family. Be sure and check the blog this weekend to see how we celebrate the end of the road!! 
Blanche and Matt took this super picture at the beach! And here is Evangelene rocking on the patio with Mimi!

No comments: