About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Our 33rd Wedding Anniversary!



I have been married to my high school sweet heart for 33 years today! When I met Ricky Boudreaux he was in the 8th grade! He looked really cocky and he didn't walk, he strutted! He thought he was really cool! Then we got to high school, and in my sophomore year we met up at the yearly RICE FESTIVAL. He asked me to ride the rides and so our romance began on a ferris wheel overlooking the main street of Crowley. He held my hand that night and I noticed how rough his hands were (must be a hard working young man!) I soon began to think that Ricky Boudreaux was really cool too! He was a bit rough around the edges, kind of a BAD BOY, sports jock! My dad always thought he needed a haircut!  I thought I could tame him! HA! His Dad would pay him $10 for each touchdown he would score! He recalls a night that he made $40 in one game! All the while I'm on the sidelines cheering!!! We had the typical teenage dating relationship, we fought over stupid jealousies and broke up and made up more times than I can count. After high school when Ricky decided to work full time I decided we just as soon get married... he's says I've gave him an ultimatum. I don't know if that is accurate, but we did marry soon enough for me. We were very young, I was 18 and he was 19! The odds of a lasting marriage were certainly not in our favor! Ricky Boudreaux and I grew up together. Our first experience with any emotional trial was when I delivered our first baby boy which was stillborn. I was devastated and right away Ricky had to learn how to carry me through an emotional time! 8 kids later, he has grown to be the most wonderful (sometimes too nice) dad he could ever be! I love him more today than I could have ever imagined!
I have never stopped loving him! Of course, there were times when we got so busily caught up in life and the kids and the world that we (I) might've not kept our relationship as a top priority. But swiftly, faster than you can say "INFILTRATING DUCTAL CARCINOMA" that all changed. Suddenly, more than ever I needed Ricky to be there for me, to hold me up, to carry me, to LOVE me, to tell me I'd be okay again! And without fail, without falter he lifted me and showed to me the deep meaning of our vows... the in sickness part, the love is patient, love is kind part! I am amazed at his dedication to me and his children! I was telling Father Buddy the other day, that when he stands before couples at their weddings and they profess their love to each other, how can you get them to truly grasp the depth of the VOW? My husband is a shining example of being true to that wedding vow. He loves me completely, as I do him! He has taught me the true meaning of Love. He is Christlike in many ways.
I am so blessed to be his wife!
Ricky no longer struts when he walks, he is sure footed, on a path of love and service, there is nothing cocky about him, he is genuine, soft hearted and dedicated to life! He is a giver. And I have received so much love from him. I love Ricky Boudreaux! More now than ever before! 
I had "as good as I once was"  as background music for the following video but the you tube police didn't allow it! 

7 comments:

Bryan Boudreaux Photography said...

Happy Anniversary! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary mom and dad !!! love ya'll so much
-mal

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Happy Belated Birthday, Ricky! And happy Vacation.....And NO passing stones.....Mike won't be there to chaufeur you to the hospital!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoyed reading your "story".

Lila Lambert said...

It's true what they say that when we are young our strength and beauty are external but as we age our strength and beauty come from within....but you two just keep lookin' better and better....have a great time, I'll have a glass of wine in honor of you both tonite!!! I tried to watch the video but it disappeared on me..shucks....

Crystal said...

WOW!! Im a little late of reading the passage, but wow how great of a story. If only I could of said the same. LOL Congrats on your anniversary and I am surley enjoying having Audrey at my house. Shes a doll.

God Bless,
Crystal Judice

Anonymous said...

What is that thing on Uncle Rock's upper lip?