About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another TV Experience, not HGTV, but TV all the same!

Today I went to the Miles Perret Center to their Life With Cancer Support group to do a presentation on the importance of journaling through cancer. Although the group was only two people, I certainly walked away with inspiration from them. This experience is so enlightening, in so many ways. When I listen to the people I've met with their own stories, the lessons go deeper and deeper. HOPE is a word that seems to resonate in my soul over and over. This week has been good. Last Wednesday when I woke up I opened my eyes and began to cry! I was dreading going to chemo that day. I wanted to just give up and stop, NO MORE TOXINS!! Then I gathered my self together and went and survived it in spite of my DREAD! Today as I anticipate tomorrow's chemo I have this "bring it on" attitude. After this treatment I will only have 4 taxol treatments left. I am nearing the finish line and that feels so good.
Today while I was at the center, Julie Kelley shared with me a copy of one of their new public service announcements which features a clip of an interview I was asked to do last month. Of course it captured me in my hair dresser mode talking about my hair again. (or the lack thereof) So I attached the video clip to this post so you could see it before it hits the airwaves. (thanks Matt for helping me figure it out)
I got to see Audrey today. We went by for a quick visit. She seems to be such a content baby. And of course so pretty too. Blair is embracing motherhood so naturally and Glen is beaming! She is soo cute!
I just got a phone call from my mom to let me know that my niece, Amy, is on her way to the hospital to have her baby... Let's pray everything goes well and tomorrow morning we'll find out what she had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it's official, you are a movie star!!!!! Great Job. Oh and You looked very pretty!
Love ya! Kellie