About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

No Audrey yet!

We're still waiting for Audrey to arrive. The latest news leaves us counting down the minutes in hopes that things just naturally begin to unfold. If not by Blair's apt. on Monday, Dr. Hardey will most likely check her and then induce. Let's all join in prayer and ask that Mother Nature kicks in order to avoid a drug induced labor. Blair is being so patient and we all can't wait to see Audrey and give her a big SMOOCH!
I had chemo yesterday and got a little wiped out, just felt really sluggish, so after I finished working I just hit the bed and took it easy. Today I am feeling really good. I am so grateful to be feeling so much better now that we await the arrival of Audrey. I feel confident I'll be able to help out and be there for Blair when she needs me. What a blessing, the timing of all this is just as it should be. A month ago, I couldn't even take care of myself and felt excrutiatingly awful! What a difference a few weeks has made. Only 6 treatments left!
Am including a slideshow of Audrey's precious little nursery. It came out as cute as you can imagine. Thanks Jackye, for pitching in when Mimi was feeling too awful to continue sewing! It's all sooo Blair! Even Audrey's clothes match her room. Her closet is even the cutest closet ever!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Blair Thibodeaux said...

Hey Mom! Love the slideshow...it looks awesome, everytime i walk into her room I SMILE!Can't wait to lay Audrey down in her precious bed. Thank you for helping me find all the perfect fabric! I new we could create the exact vision of how i wanted her nursery to be...think we hit it right on the nail! I really appreciate all you did in helping with the bedding and curtains, it means a lot to me! And glad you were able to come help put it all together the other night it was fun!(Thanks also to dad and the girls & Ben for their help) She needs to just come out now and see what she is missing out on!! A Precious Room! And LOTS of loving family! Thanks again for everything I LOVE YOU, Blair

Anonymous said...

Aww, just beautiful!!! I tried to watch it yesterday, but it kept buffering and wouldn't let me. I tried again today and succeded. It is an awesome room. Exactly what I thought would be the design.

God Bless
Crystal