About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, February 9, 2009

oops! a little mix up at the OB's!!



Well, one of the nurses told Blair to pack her bags cuz she would be admitted to the hospital after the doctor checked her this morning. As it turns out, he checked her and she is 0ne centimeter dilated and he wants her to check in to the hospital this evening around 7. He apologized for the mixup.... but a pregnant woman NEVER wants to be sent back home when her bags have been packed for a week! So we just have to wait a few more hours for the fun to begin. I will try to rest this afternoon, so I can be awake for the duration of the labor!  She's almost here!!
Today I FINALLY received my new wig!!! (Remember when I baked the brownies and when I opened the oven my perfect wig melted!) I've been wearing the crispy burnt wig, praying everyday for the the new one to hurry and get here. Today it came in the mail and I was so excited... until I tried it on and I looked like FRICKIN' FLORENCE HENDERSON FROM THE BRADY BUNCH!!!  So my kind husband came to my rescue and put the wig on, so I could reshape the wig into a better style. Thank God I am a hairdresser, because the average person would have been in a bind. It's much better now. I included pics of Ricky as my model and then me with the new wig, after I cut it. Now, I'm all ready for Audrey to meet her MIMI!
I can't wait to sit and post my blog tomorrow with pictures of the baby! 
Please pray for a safe and smooth delivery. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madelene, on your last blog you asked us to pray for Ricky for putting up with "things". Well, I believe the prayers have worked. He is game for "anything"!! Florence's hairdo looked better on Ricky than it did on her!!

And what a day of blessings!! Enjoy holding your cher bebe!! Hard to believe that we are both going to have TWO sweet ones to love on before long!!