About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Babies, babies everywhere!







By the end of April my family will have added SIX new babies to the list of the ever growing Faulk Family (on my dad's side) since November. 4 boys and 2 girls. My, niece, Amy just had a boy this last week. His name is Cullen Stanley Curole (named after my dad, STAN THE MAN!!) What a joy it is to celebrate new life. Won't our next family gathering be interesting with all those little babies? Today Blair and Glen came over and Ricky's mom, (Tootsie) and Teenie and Carla (RIcky's Sisters) came to see Audrey. Tootsie was glad to meet her 'lil great grandbaby and really enjoyed holding her.
Had a good Sunday today. Ended it with a good old fashioned "breakfast for supper"! Ricky made pancakes and we made homemade whipped cream from scratch and topped it with fresh strawberries and blueberries! Yum!
Usually by Saturday and Sunday, I get achy bones and fatigue. Today was no exception. Am encouraged by the fact that I only have to do this 4 more times. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, hallelujah!
Today I went to church with Ricky and the kids. Before we went I was sharing with Ricky this kinda empty void I have in side of me spiritually. The journey has certainly taken its toll on me in many ways. I always considered myself a deeply spiritual person. Now I can hardly muster up the energy or faith to even know where to start to reestablish my relationship with Jesus. I keep feeling this need to start over, like I've been given this miraculous second chance to make it all count, to always live in the light. And for fear of screwing it up again, I just keep fumbling through the effort to get back on track. But the homily for the day was about our healing. Christ says your sins are forgiven. He doesn't say get up and go you are healed. It is clear our healing comes from the forgiveness! Better yet from our sorrow for our sins... That just really struck me today. The cancer was only a wake up call. A frightening physical experience that became a very sobering emotional experience. The message at church today reminded me of my desire to live differently than I used to. But I think I've been holding on to all that I may have failed at before. And to move forward and embrace my "new" life I must embrace the forgiveness that God has for me. That is where my healing really is. In forgiveness, yes forgiveness.

1 comment:

Lila Lambert said...

"Well the only place we can go is into His open arms where we throw to Him our feeble prayers...

In our brokenness we can see that this is His will for us and it's now that we feel His grace fall like rain from every fingertip washing away the pain..."