About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Check out Bryan's photos!

Bryan took a few shots of Kristin on the farm and in a nearby field of wild flowers. Click on his photo blog here. bryan boudreauxphotos.blogspot.com   On his blog click on each picture for a closeup. He is really honing in on his creative skills! Easy when you have a beautiful wife to practice on. Can't wait to see what Evie looks like out of the belly!!  I have some really great, talented kids!
Chemo  today made me sleep all afternoon. Now I can't go to sleep all pumped up from the steroids. Hate that.  It's just part of the deal.  Only 3 to go. I spoke with my friend Jenny who has had her last chemo treatment last week. She said it will take a few weeks/months for us to get it all out of our system and start feeling good again (as she was told) We probably have to take a 5 year follow up drug of Tamoxifen to help prevent the cancer from coming back. That kinda WIGS me out. Was hoping to be off all meds! So much to consider in this long, unfolding treatment deal. I have time... still gotta  do radiation following chemo for 6-8 weeks! 
Am trying to be patient. Well at least now I can watch American Idol to pass the weeks away.
Yes, I am an Idol fan. The redheaded teenage girl really rocked it tonight. 
Love to all. Peace Out!... I love Lent! 

1 comment:

Lila Lambert said...

I'm an idol fan too, loved Adam Lambert's version of Satisfaction!!!

May we all be the bible for someone today...we may be the only bible this person ever reads...