About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Gettin "Wiggy wid it!!"

Today Blair and I went to the Miles Perret Center for my first consultation as a cancer patient. What wonderful people they have their to help make your cancer journey  lighter. Remember I said I didn't think I wanted to call this a battle or a fight.  Today I decided to call it a dance! We had fun making the best of trying on wigs. Thought you might enjoy some of the pics located in the right hand column. Am giving much prayer to volunteering at the center. God is always calling us to new things. Every service they offer is of no charge to the patient. How awesome is that?
Today we also went to Babies R Us for Blair to register for her baby shower. Can't wait to start spoiling little Baby Audrey and Little Baby ? (Bryan and Kristin's yet to be ultrasounded)

"Nevertheless, that time of darkness and despair will not go on forever."
ISAIAH 9:1

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY>>>>for Michael Buble!

5 comments:

Blanche said...

Looks like SOMEBODY had fun trying on wigs without the oldest daughter!!! ha ha just joking....I think they ALL look great on you! Love you and can't wait to see you for MICHAEL BUBLE tomorrow nite!!!!!!!!!

Lila Lambert said...

Hope you are truly WOWED by Michael tonite....
God's Promise
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain...but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and a light for the way...God bless, Lila

Anonymous said...

Ok, that short wig took me right back to the 70s when only people like you and Twiggy had short hair!! You were precious then and STILL are!! Just need that little St. Joe Cheerleader outfit!

I'll be listening to Michael cds all day tomorrow and thinking of you! That little drain tube is going to "behave" so that you can enjoy "a new dawn, a new day, a new world..............and you'll be feelin GOOOOOOOOOD!! Da dump...da dump.....

Love you Love you!!
Donna Marie

Anonymous said...

Hey mom!! Thanks for letting me share the day with you yesterday, it was awesome and i had a blast...who knew it would be so much fun diggin' through wigs! You looked GREAT in all of them...ok , well the curly'Q oprah one was pretty FUNNY!!!
I enjoy our lil' Monday trips to lafayette. Cant wait to see all the precious things i recieve from my registry, thanks for helping!

ENJOY every minute of your night, I know you will have a BLAST, you deserve a wonderful time!!!

I LOVE YOU. Blair

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom ,
just wanted to let you know you most gracious, kind, strong , and thankful person i know!!


I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!

Love, Maddie