About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Re-TREAT with my girlfriends

     Here is a slideshow from my very relaxing weekend at a beautiful lakehouse at Toledo Bend with some of my great friends. Thanks Melba and Ronnie for the privilege of staying there, it was awesome! I was so proud to show off this beautiful home that was such fun to decorate.             Great food, Great wine, Great weather and Great company! I was well taken care of. Wasn't feeling exactly up to par, but gave it my best shot. My friends made me laugh and lifted me in prayer and what started out to be just a girly weekend, ended up being a deep spiritual retreat. I guess when you are surrounded with friends that love you and the beauty of Mother Earth, the Holy Spirit can't help but show up. I was reminded of the power of prayer and the importance of love and support from those that love me. I need all of you to know how thankful I am for your constant prayer. Some days I feel so anxious, and I am certain it is your prayers that lift me out of the valleys. 
     Am planning to see  Doctor Breaux  tomorrow to see if he can figure out what to do about this lingering drain issue. I was hoping to have some peaceful, pain-free days before I start my chemo. So lets all be in agreement in prayer that I will be blessed with that real soon. 
    Ricky was so adamant about me getting away and enjoying myself and of course while I was away, he had everything completely under control with the kids. It is through his love and support and encouragement that I am able to cope each day. I have always known that he loves me, and that I love him.... but there has been a renewed sense of devotion between the two of us that can't really be measured, a true reflection of the "in sickness and in health" vows we took so many years ago. I am in awe of his affection for me and love him more and more each day. I have never had so many tears of joy! I am so blessed. Enjoy the slideshow, we had such a great time. Tomorrow is our THINK PINK day at school! Will try to take pictures to post!

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Matthew18: 19-20

                                                                           

3 comments:

Lila Lambert said...

God's greatest gifts are free....faith-filled friends, the Holy Spirit arriving when we least expect, love given in the best of times and in the worst, prayer so powerful that we can feel our souls being lifted to a higher level and we're not the ones praying...I'm in awe of One so awesome

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog through Baby Cate's blog ---Just wanted to let you know that you and your precious family is in my thoughts and prayers. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend retreat. In His name,
Kyle, Marin and Kaylin

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great RETREAT. What you said about your husband is so true, you will look at him in such a deeper and greatfull way. In sickness and health goes a long way.

I'll be praying for the drain to be removed, I feel your pain, because the DRAIN IS A PAIN.

quote: In Life it is the middle that counts. " GIVE HOPE A CHANCE TO FLOAT UP"

Hope and God is what we have to get us through this time in our life. Have a great week.

Bridgette Ott