About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Longest Day: tears, resting and hope!

     Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I am totally obsessing about getting this drain out. I really thought it would be gone by now, because the average time to keep them is 7 - 10 days. I'm going on 17  days and I am getting ever so antsy. My body must be in lymphatic fluid overload!!! I thought that maybe if I just laid in bed and rested all day that my body would adjust and slow down the drainage. NOT!! It actually doubled instead of decreased! 
      So in an effort to regroup, after crying a lot of the day,  I decided to focus on what is right with the rest of my world. Our community of friends and family have been so generous with delicious, wonderful meals now for almost 3 weeks, the weather is superb, I felt good enough to go to mass on Saturday, Layni's volleyball team won their tournament and they are 18-0 in their season, Ben gave me a great big hug today, my house is clean today because my wonderful husband water mopped, vacuumed and did laundry, I got to talk to my sweet little grand niece, Bella, and she told me she loved me,  Malorie and Tyler won the $1000 grand prize given away at the Rayne Catholic Auction, my kids that live at home are all gathered around my bedroom playing a game and watching TV with us, I am getting stronger everyday,  and that crying that I did actually made me feel better. 
     Okay, tomorrow is a new day, and THIS TOO SHALL PASS!  Soon I will get my GROOVE back. Peace out everyone!
     
"In thy presence is fullness of joy; at the right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
Psalm 16:11

OH YES! 2 days til MICHAEL BUBLE'!!!  I know I will feel better by Tuesday! (yes, I do know how cheesey it is too count down the days, but  I've found such pleasure in his music, it just seems like the right thing to do is to be cheesey!)

No comments: