About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Monday, October 6, 2008

A new Hairdo and I'm so tired!

I just read something I wrote down last week, "KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON YOUR LIFE, NOT YOUR CANCER!" I needed that reminder today. I still haven't been able to remove the very uncomfortable drain because I still have too much still draining into the pouch. It is making for a few sleepless nights and I am TIRED!!! 
     I got another new hairdo on Saturday, experimented with some blonde and auburn hilights. Here I am with Blanche on the left and Blair on the right. Everyone loves laying in bed with mom! They make me smile!!! Please read my updated THINK PINK DAY BLOG post down below!!


"He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases...He fills my life with good things."
Psalm 103:3 &

 Wow! Only 8 days til the Michael Buble' Concert!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Love the new do!!!!!! Thought y'all were at a resturant or something, not in your bedroom!!! The red curtain looks fancy!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family. Love, Alyssa Reed Fontenot