About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Starting to feel "Normal"

     Today I went to Dr. Breaux's office (the surgeon) to check on my drain tube AGAIN!!!! My sweet little P. A., Jill said she totally agreed that a drain under your armpit really does SUCK!! But she also said to hang on cuz soon they could take it out. WOO HOO!!! 
    Ricky has still been so awesome and patient with me. So today after my appointment when I asked if we could "shop a while" he of course said YES DEAR!!! So on to BEVO's (saved him some $) we went and I found the cutest dress to wear to the Michael Buble' concert next week. So I am set to go for a girl's night out. And next weekend is my trip to a beautiful lakehouse at Toledo Bend with a few more friends. Life, today is great, thanks be to God! 
     I made a new friend over the phone today, someone else just recently diagnosed with the same cancer as me (and thousands of other women). There is so much we are facing that is unknown to us, yet with the continued love and prayers from all of you, we are carried and filled with grace. Right now prayer is the most powerful thing (besides God) in my life!! I never really KNEW the power of prayer. Just really, really grasp and believe the scripture He sent me today!!
     
 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."
Isaiah 41: 10

Only 7 days til the Michael Buble' concert!

8 comments:

Kellie said...

I love that scripture! !!

Kellie said...

Deuteronomy 7:15 "

And the LORD will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible diseases of Egypt which you have known, but will lay them on all those who hate you." NOTE - If this was a promise to God's covenant people under the Old Covenant, how much more does this benefit of health pertain to us today; as we are under the New Covenant which is based upon the precious Blood of Jesus Christ!

Kellie said...

Jeremiah 33:6

"Behold, I will bring you health and cure, and I will cure you, and will reveal unto you the abundance of peace and truth."

Kellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellie said...

Psalm 103:2-3

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who heals all thy diseases" NOTE - Notice it doesn't say some, it says all! It also states that healing is one of the benefits that belongs to the believer along with the benefit of having our sin forgiven.

Kellie said...

Romans 10:17

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." NOTE - Faith for healing comes by hearing God's Word concerning healing. So just as you may be taking medicine two or three times a day, do the same thing with the promises in the Word of God regarding healing, and allow your faith to be built up! You'll be amazed at the change that will take place.

Lila Lambert said...

I place you lovingly in the care of the Father and lift my thoughts and prayers to what is above and not of this earth....and just TRUST that He sees us, that He hears and answers us....

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful in your short sassy cut! i pray that you find peace tonight in your rest... May the Lord, give you energy and remind us both to tiptoe into His valley! know of our prayers, ali & charlie cantrell