About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Remembering Elle

Today, October the 10, would've been our little grandbaby, Elle Ava's, first birthday. She was born prematurely and lived for only a few short days. She was the most beautiful baby I have ever seen (and I've had some pretty beautiful babies myself). The day that I (Mimi) was first able to touch her, I felt, yes, truly felt the warmth of God's love radiating from her tiny little body into my hand permeating to the core of my soul. I can recall that feeling like it was yesterday and often bring myself to that precious moment in time when I need to feel God and Elle's presence. The photo I have included comforts me knowing that our precious baby girl is in the loving arms of our Heavenly Father, being taught the supreme power of prayer. I know she is watching over her Mimi, asking God to shower us with the grace we need as a family as we journey through this thing called LIFE! 
     Today, through much prayer, we have decided to ask each of you that participate in our THINK PINK  day on OCTOBER 21, to make your kind donations to The Miles Perret Center in Lafayette, LA. Please  scroll down and check the think pink blog post for more information. You can send your donations to me at 5372 Standard Mill Road Rayne, LA 70578 and I will gladly forward them to the Center. Thank you. 

"Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you."  James 4:8

Only 4 days til Micahel Buble' sings to me on the 4th row of the Cajun dome!!

No comments: