About Me

My photo
Rayne, Louisiana
You've got to be kidding me, I have Breast Cancer? My name is Madelene Boudreaux. I just had my 51st birthday and my present was cancer. Although it wasn't the present I was expecting, I have decided to embrace it as such. My life as it existed is changed. Even though my diagnosis is that I have the most common breast cancer you can have (80% of the women who get breast cancer have this one) and the actual tumor was only 1.2 centimeters and there was only a microscopic spec in one lymph node... things just changed overnight. I feel confident that I will be healed with all the surgery, chemo and radiation, as well as the prayers, the shift in lifestyle and health changes, all of this with God as my Healer overseeing the whole plan. Most importantly, sunsets are more beautiful, my children are more precious and I cry for everything. Such clarity prevails, where life was blurry. I know my healing will come gently through trusted medical professionals, faith in a loving God and prayerful friends. I am surrounded by love with my family of eight kids and a great husband and a community of kind spirits!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A HARVEST PARTY




        What a great time we had celebrating my sister, Sheila's birthday on Saturday. All thanks to Angie, who had it all together from "bobbing for apples" all the way to, GET THIS, "pin the accessories on Aunt Sheila!!" And Momo Joyce and Pizza Hut furnished the supper! As you can see it was not just the kids who had all the fun. We laughed a lot and  enjoyed seeing the kids have some good old fashioned fun at a  harvest/Halloween party. 
    For the first time in a while I spent a few hours not even thinking about breast cancer.  I love spending time with my sisters, sad Donna wasn't there! And the little kids are such a HOOT to watch. Am looking forward to watching grandbabies of my own very soon!

"Oh, the joy of those who trust the Lord!"
Psalm 40: 4

2 comments:

Donna Pasquier said...

Missed y'all too! What a beautiful day for some great Belly Laughs that we always share when we're together!!

We are still WAITING for our Baby Bennett that MIGHT come early, but PROBABLY won't! We did get to see Amy Clair's baby bump this weekend when she and Jay visited in Houston, and reports have it that all 6 of our little Mamas look like they have swallowed pumpkins of various sizes. We even saw Kristen Pasquier's as she walked behind Sara in one of our grannycam sessions online this weekend.

Love to ALL! Prayers continue to flow for you!

Donna Marie

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Madeline. You are an inspiration to me. Glad to hear you are adjusting so well. Let's hope the whole thing is a piece of cake for you.

Judy Guillot